Sunday, November 26, 2017

Video Artist Responses
-Shirin Neshat
Her videos made me feel really emotional.  Women without smiles mad eyes me really uneasy and kinda put me in a sad mood even though I didn’t 100% understand the message. It was just sad and painful and reminded me of a book I read in High school. I realized at the end that it had the song from the Turbulent video and the part in the song that made me uneasy was really a good attribute. The Turbulent video made me think of how one could have so much to say and not have anyone to share it with.
-Jesper Just
I really liked No Mans an Island II. The setting felt like if a bar were in a church. I liked the song about crying because it made sense that they were in the bar like it was their sanctuary after being heartbroken. The video somebody to love 2 was weird but I liked it. The parking garage felt nostalgic for some reason. I still don’t understand why the driver was crying and why the guy left with him but it was cool.
-Gary Hill
I honestly was not a fan of his videos that I watched. The way he spoke made it easy to lose attention. Meditation was cool though in the video aspect how he burried the words with sand. Around and About was okay but I still didn’t like the narration  it was too choppy for me and felt like JT lacked emotion.
-Bill Viola
I liked the videos Ascension and Tristan’s Ascension. The only things I didn’t really like were how slow they were but that’s mostly because I have a short attention span. The egg hatch video was cool at the end mostly because I liked the bird’s feet because they appeared to be bigger than the egg and it made the egg seem more crammed.
-Valie Export
I liked facing a family it felt like an old time family watching tv together. It was frustrating that it kept fast forwarding at first because I thought my screen kept freezing but it grew on me. It reminded me of a family lacking intimacy. Touch cinema was a cool concept. I didn’t realize what was going on until it was almost over but I still am not entirely sure what was being said because it was in another language.

No comments:

Post a Comment